Friday 28 March 2014

Cadbury's Crunchie Chocolate Truffles

If like me (a student) you have very little money but Mother's Day is fast approaching and a box of shop-brought chocolates just isn't going to cut the mustard this year, these are the perfect alternative. They are very cheap and easy to make, and best of all it make tones! 


Truffles are very simple and only require THREE ingredients. I tend to use this BBC Food recipe as it has four simple steps to follow. To begin break up the (280g) dark chocolate into a bowl and leave to one side.


Then place the (50g) butter and (284ml) double cream into a saucepan, gently heat until the butter melts and the cream has begun to simmer.


Then pour the hot cream and butter mixture over the top of the chocolate to melt it. Keep stirring until all of the chocolate has melted (no lumps left).


It is then recommended you put it in the fridge for four hours, however I never seem to have enough patience for this, so I often resort to placing it in the freezer once has cooled (after placing the bowl into another bowl of ice cold water) to speed up the process.


Once it is ready (scoop-able consistency) you can begin making your truffles. The best way I've found to do this is with a melon ball scooper, as I have done it several times with my hands and it has only melted and got stuck to the palm of my hands. Therefore I'd strongly advise you use a melon ball scooper and dip it into hot water before scooping it into little balls.


The good thing about truffles is you can add whatever you want to make them just how you like them (or how your mum likes them in this case). I choose to roll mine in dark chocolate shavings (by grating the left over dark chocolate), cocoa powder and smashed up Crunchie bars.


And tah-dah, there you have it one very thoughtful and homemade Mother's day gift (for next to nothing)!

2 comments:

  1. I hope that your Mum loves them - I'm sure that she will!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too Amy...if not I'm sure I'd be able to help out!

    ReplyDelete