Saturday 14 September 2013

Delicious Doughnuts

I was a bit scared about making these as I thought they'd be quite tricky and end up looking nothing like doughnuts but I was pleasantly surprised at how uncomplicated they were! I would definitely recommend making these impressive (-ly easy) jam doughnuts.


I choose to use a BBC recipe to make them as it had clear and simple instructions to follow (unlike some of the others I read). Whilst the prep time is between 1-2 hours, most of that is leaving the dough to rise as it only takes around 10 minutes to cook the doughnuts.


I found the 'cube of bread' tip was a great way to test the temperature of the oil as it was at this point I realised my oil was too hot as it burnt my bread.


The recipe suggests you should 'make a small slit in the doughnut with the tip of a knife' to insert the jam (with a teaspoon), however after trying this once, I realised it was too messy and used a small piping bag instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment