Friday 18 October 2013

Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes

It's National Baking Week! So I figured a bake would be compulsory this week, something I hadn't tried before.


That was when I came across the #nationalbakeoff, a competition which you enter by baking one of five given recipes and sending in the picture, where I discovered John Whaite's (previous GBBO winner) Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes recipe.


I've never tried Peanut Butter and Jelly together before, nor have I ever used them in a cake batter, but the cupcakes were a scrummy alternative to the usual vanilla sponge. 


 It's a very simple recipe which just requires you to weigh out all your ingredients and mix them together in the bowl at once.


Once you've baked and cooled your cupcakes, the icing is simply butter, (smooth) peanut butter, icing sugar and raspberry jam mixed together.


I'm not the best cupcake decorator that ever existed but I thought this week was as good a time as ever to give it a go. 


So fingers crossed! 




No comments:

Post a Comment