Sunday 13 October 2013

Spiced Apple Pie Samosas

I know what you're thinking, apple samosas? I thought the same thing before trying them out.


The BBC GoodFood recipe I used only has six simple ingredients; cooking apples, caster sugar, mixed spice, sultanas, filo pastry and margarine/butter. I used up left over eating apples but I would reckon you use cooking apples as the recipe suggests, as eating apples tend to be a lot softer and sweeter to begin with.


Once you've peeled, chopped and stewed the apples (with the mixed spice and sultanas), add a tablespoon (roughly) to each strip of filo pastry before folding them into triangles.


To make sure they're extra delicious and crunchy, lightly coat the top of the samosas with the melted margarine/butter and sprinkle with sugar before placing them in the oven.


Delicious served with a big scoop (or two) of vanilla ice-cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment