Tuesday 8 October 2013

Red Velvet Cupcakes

I'd never actually tried red velvet cake before making this batch of cupcakes, but I'd seen a number of different recipes online. So I thought I'd try it out...turns out they are delicious rich cupcakes with a chocolatey aftertaste. In fact they were so delicious...I forgot to take any other photos than the one below (once I'd taken a bite first).


I used a Hummingbird recipe from the Goodtoknow website to make this batch. I noticed a number of the reviews were from people questioning which brand of food coloring to use as some didn't give a deep enough (red) color and some didn't taste as nice as others. I personally found the Silver Spoon red food coloring to be the best as it gave the perfect colour but with no added taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment